( ) — Brendan Fraser won the best lead actor Oscar on Sunday for his role in the film “The Whale.”
The actor, widely known for the movie “The Mummy,” plays Charlie, a lonely 600-pound man trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter.
His performance has earned him recognition from the Academy, after receiving a six-minute ovation at the Venice Film Festival that moved him to tears.
Fraser entered the conversation fully thanks to “The Whale.” But what other things do we know about the actor? Here we present some data, according to the specialized website IMDb.
Who is Brendan Fraser?
Birthdate: December 3, 1968
place of birth: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Nationality: American and Canadian (the latter because her parents are from Canada)
Marriage: Afton Smith. The couple married in 1998 and divorced in 2008.
Children: His three sons are Griffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser and Leland Francis Fraser
- After studying at the Cornish College of the Arts (in Seattle), he landed a minor role as a sailor in the film “Dogfight” (1991).
- He landed bigger roles in the movies “Encino Man” (1992) and “School Ties” (1992).
- After a few years of supporting roles, he landed his first leading role in the comedy “George of the Jungle” (1997).
- After this role, he received critical acclaim for his dramatic role in the movie “Gods and Monsters” (1998).
- He is widely known for his role as Rick O’Connell in “The Mummy” (1999).
- He received several nominations for “The Mummy,” including for best Actor at the Saturn Awards.
- Has credits as an actor in 77 productions, from movies and series to dubbing and video games.
- Most of the awards Fraser has won in the film world are for the movie “Crash” (2004). These awards have been for the best cast as a whole (ie, not individual).
- In “The Whale“, Fraser shares the limelight with the actress Sadie Sink, known for her role as Max on the hit series “Stranger Things.” (Sink plays Ellie, Charlie’s daughter in “The Whale.”)
- Fraser has roles in upcoming films, such as “Killers of the Flower Moon“, a new Martin Scorsese film that will be released in 2023 and where he will play WS Hamilton.
With information from ‘s Lisa Respers France.