( ) — Shakira continues to conquer spaces. The Colombian singer will have her own exhibition inside the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles.
The exhibition, titled: “Shakira, Shakira: The GRAMMY Museum Experience”, will open on March 4 and will feature some outstanding pieces during the career of more than three decades of the Colombian artist.
Among the artifacts that can be found are the two costume changes that the singer from Barranquilla wore during her iconic presentation at Super Bowl LIV in 2020 with Jennifer Lopez.
Visitors will also be able to see the singer’s personal items, such as her harmonicas, the Taylor acoustic guitar Shakira uses to compose her songs, the leafy bikini top the singer wore on the cover of her album “Oral Fixation Vol. 2” (2005), among others.
“It is an honor to have my professional career highlighted at the GRAMMY Museum,” Shakira said in a press release.
“These objects are testimonies of so many unforgettable moments that I value very much, and I am very happy to be able to relive these memories with those who have supported me as an artist and continue to do so,” added the artist.
What you will see in the Shakira exhibition
According to the museum, the exhibit will explore Shakira’s rise to the global stage. She from her beginnings in Barranquilla, Colombia, she until she was one of the best known Latin singers in the world.
“Shakira is a rare superstar who has figured out how to continue to evolve as an artist while growing her huge audience with her,” said Jasen Emmons, chief curator and vice president of curatorial affairs at the Grammy Museum.
In total they are the pieces of Shakira’s personal collection that will be exhibited. On its website, the Grammy Museum said that the followers of the singer will be able to see:
- Forty objects from Shakira’s personal files.
- Shakira’s two outfits for Super Bowl LIV, which took place on February 2, 2020 in Miami.
- The Gibson Firebird electric guitar that Shakira played during the Super Bowl. This instrument is covered with 70,000 Swarovski crystals.
- The Fender Stratocaster, covered in pink Swarovski crystals, that Shakira played during her Oral Fixation tour, between 2006 and 2007.
- The gold Yamaha Revstar electric guitar that Shakira played during her 2018 El Dorado tour, as well as the wardrobe for this tour.
- A notebook with the lyrics of some of his compositions, written by hand.
The followers of the winner of the Grammy and Latin Grammy awards will have more than the chance to see Shakira’s personal objects up close. The exhibition will be in the museum until winter 2024.
Tickets for the Grammy Museum can be purchased through its website. They cost US$18 for adults, US$12 for young people between 5 and 17 years old, and children have completely free admission.