( ) — Brendan Fraser has become the main topic of conversation within the world of cinema thanks to his leading role in the film “The Whale”.
The actor, widely known for the movie “The Mummy,” plays Charlie, a 600-pound lonely man trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter in the new film.
Her performance has earned her critical acclaim and she even received a six-minute standing ovation at the Venice Film Festival, which moved Fraser to tears.
Fraser jumped right into the Oscar conversation with “The Whale.” But what other things do we know about the actor? Here we present some data, according to the specialized website IMDb.
Who is Brendan Fraser?
Date of Birth: December 3, 1968
Place of birth: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Nationality: American and Canadian (the latter because her parents are from Canada)
Marriage: Afton Smith. The couple married in 1998 and divorced in 2008.
Sons: his three children are Griffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser and Leland Francis Fraser
- After studying at the Cornish College of the Arts (in Seattle), he landed a minor role as a sailor in the movie “Dogfight” (1991).
- He got more relevant roles in the movies “Encino Man” (1992) and “School Ties” (1992).
- After a few years of supporting roles, he landed his first leading role in the comedy “George of the Jungle” (1997).
- After this role, he received critical acclaim for his dramatic role in the movie “Gods and Monsters” (1998).
- He is widely known for his role as Rick O’Connell in “The Mummy” (1999).
- He received several nominations for “The Mummy,” including best Actor at the Saturn Awards.
- Have credits as an actor in 77 productions, from movies and series to dubbing and video games.
- The most awards Fraser has won in the world of cinema are for the film “Crash” (2004). These awards have been for the best ensemble cast (that is, not individual).
- In “The Whale“, Fraser shares the spotlight with the actress Sadie Sink, known for his role as Max on the hit series “Stranger Things.” (Sink plays Charlie’s daughter Ellie in “The Whale.”)
- Fraser has roles in upcoming films, such as “Killers of the Flower Moon“, a new film by Martin Scorsese that opens in 2023 and where he will play WS Hamilton.
With information from ‘s Lisa Respers France.