( ) — Here are the facts you need to know about actor Alec Baldwin, who was charged on January 19, 2023 with “involuntary manslaughter” in the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust,” the Santa District Attorney’s office reported. Faith.
- His full name is Alexander Rae Baldwin III.
- He was born on April 3, 1958, in Massapequa, Long Island, New York.
- He has been married to Hilaria Baldwin since 2012 and has six children with her. His ex-wife is actress Kim Basinger; they were married between 1993 and 2002. They have a daughter together.
- According to IMDbAlec Baldwin is the oldest and best known of the four Baldwin brothers in the acting business (the others being Stephen Baldwin, William Baldwin, and Daniel Baldwin).
His career data, according to IMDb
- He began his television career in the 80s, participating in series such as “The Doctors” and “California.”
- He earned a Tony nomination for his portrayal of “Stanley Kowalski” in “A Streetcar Named Desire” on Broadway.
- He met Kim Basinger, who would later be his wife, while filming the Neil Simon comedy “The Marrying Man” (1991).
- Following his high-profile divorce, he starred in the film “The Cooler” (2003), for which he received an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor.
- He also starred in “The Aviator” (2004), “Along Came Polly” (2004) and “The Departed” (2006).
- On television he also had a guest role on “Will & Grace” in 2005. He then took over his role as TV network executive Jack Donaghy opposite Tina Fey in the comedy “30 Rock” (2006). For this role he garnered two Emmy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards and an unprecedented six Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- He played Donald Trump on “Saturday Night Live.” That role earned him an Emmy, in 2017. In 2019, when he announced he was leaving the rolesaid: “I had a lot of fun with [el elenco]and when Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider wrote [los bocetos de Trump .en 2016 y 2017], that was new, fresh and the ratings were good. But I feel like I’m done with it now.” However, in October 2020, SNL opened with a segment on the presidential debate between President Donald Trump, played by Alec Baldwin, and former Vice President Joe Biden, played by Jim Carrey.
Some anecdotes about the actor, according to IMDb
- He was trained to drive an attack submarine at the New London Submarine Base in Connecticut for his role in “The Hunt for Red October” (1990).
- People magazine chose him as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world in 1990.
- He wanted to be a lawyer before taking an interest in acting.
- He wrote the “Law & Order: Tabloid (1998)” chapter, which was based on his own experiences with tabloid journalists.
- He is a vegetarian and advocate for animal rights.
- He was considered for the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in “Batman” (1989), which was eventually landed by actor Michael Keaton.
- He confessed that he suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in an appearance on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien” (1993).
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, seven blocks from his ex-wife Kim Basinger’s star.
- is a liberal democrat
- In 2007, leaked voicemail in which the actor ranted and called his daughter, who was then 11, a “rude, thoughtless little pig.”
- He said he donates all the money he makes from his Capital One commercials to charity.
- He was considered for the role of Patrick Swayze in “Ghost” (1990).
The fatal shooting on the set of “Rust”
In October 2021 on the set of the film “Rust” in New Mexico, cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed and film director Joel Souza injured after actor Alec Baldwin discharged a firearm props, according to a law enforcement statement provided to . The incident is the subject of an ongoing investigation.
“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness at the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, our deeply admired wife, mother and colleague,” Baldwin tweeted at the time. “I am fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in contact with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart breaks for her husband, her son and everyone who knew and loved Halyna. “Added the American actor.
In October 2022, the family of Halyna Hutchins and Alec Baldwin reached an undisclosed settlement in the wrongful death lawsuit filed against the actor and others, according to a statement released by the actor’s attorney.
In January 2023, news broke that Alec Baldwin and the film’s weapons specialist, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, “will each be charged with two counts of manslaughter in the death of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the 2021 film.” , in Santa Fe County,” announced Mary Carmack-Altwies, attorney for the First Judicial District of New Mexico.