Available in base and Pro versions, the new Xiaomi 13 is a high-end phone that wants to become the benchmark in space, in some ways comparable to models like the recent Galaxy S23. To do this, it has printing hardware, starting with the recent Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, manufactured at 4 nm, 12 GB of RAM (something almost common in the space it occupies) and, above all, a photographic and multimedia section that represents its main differentiating elements.
- Xiaomi 13: 6.36-inch AMOLED, 2400 x 1080 resolution, 414 ppi, up to 120 Hz, HDR and 1,200 nits of maximum brightness.
- Xiaomi 13 Pro: 6.73-inch AMOLED, 3200 x 1440 resolution, 512 ppi, up to 120 Hz, HDR and 1,200 nits of maximum brightness.
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 2
- Memory: 8/12 GB LPDDR5X
- Storage: 128/256/512 GB UFS 4.0
- rear cameras
- Main: 50 megapixels, Sony IMX800 sensor, 23mm, f/1.8 and HyperOIS
- Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f / 2.2 and 15 mm
- Telephoto: 10 MP, f/2.0, 75mm and optical zoom
xiaomi 13 Pro
- Main: 50 megapixels, Sony IMX989 sensor, 23mm, f/1.9 and HyperOIS
- Ultra wide angle: 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm with optical zoom
- Telephoto: 50 MP, f/2.0 and 75 mm
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.5 and 26mm
- Xiaomi 13: 4,500 mAh with 67 W fast charging and 50 W wireless
- Xiaomi 13 Pro: 4,820 mAh with 120 W fast charging and 50 W wireless
- Dimensions and weight:
- Xiaomi 13: 152.8 x 71.5 x 8.0 mm and 185 grams
- Xiaomi 13 Pro: 162.9 x 74.6 x 8.4 mm and 210 grams
- Others: MIUI 14 (Android 13), 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, USB-C, fingerprint reader on the screen and IP68 protection against dust and water
Starting with the screen, the Chinese manufacturer declares that both the Xiaomi 13 and Xiaomi 13 Pro integrate the latest and brightest in AMOLED technology. There are differences in size and resolution depending on the version, but both models offer variable refresh rate up to 120 Hz and have a maximum brightness of 1,200 nits. They also offer a very careful color calibration, as befits a mobile that boasts of mounting a camera adjusted by Leica.
This section also has some differences to note, since although both phones have a resolution of 50 MP for general shots, the sensor is different. Specifically, the Xiaomi 13 Pro mounts a Sony IMX989, which should give slightly better performance. Both benefit in any case from focal adjustment, Hyper OIS stabilization to prevent shake and Leica optics, which is not only limited to adjusting the calibration of the photographic processing, but also participates in the construction of the camera module itself.
According to Xiaomi, its new standard bearer is capable of capturing a greater amount of color and enhancing the tonal expression of red and green, which should result in higher quality images in dim lighting. If you want to have more control over the final image, the Xiaomi 13 Pro has a manual mode that saves images in RAW with 10-bit color. It can also record 4K video with 10-bit Dolby Vision HDR and 10-bit 4K LOG (presumably at a brutal cost for storage space).
The Xiaomi 13 and Xiaomi 13 Pro will be available in Spain from March 8 in a more limited number of configurations than in other countries. The rates will be the following:
- 12 GB+256 GB: 999 euros
- 12 GB+512 GB: 1,099 euros
xiaomi 13 Pro
- 12 GB+256 GB: 1,399 euros
They are quite high prices, and that Xiaomi will try to sweeten by giving away a Redmi Pad tablet to those who dare to reserve.
Xiaomi 13 Lite, novelty at the Mobile World Congress
Along with these more flashy models there will also be a Xiaomi 13 Lite that seems like a somewhat extemporaneous addition, designed to “soften” the entry to the range with a much cheaper model. Not very similar technically or aesthetically (outwardly it looks like a continuation of the Xiaomi 12 Lite), it is nevertheless a phone that a priori seems quite capable, as well as quite light. Its basic characteristics are the following:
- Display: 6.55-inch AMOLED 2400 x 1080, 120Hz
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1
- Memory: 8/12 GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128/256 GB UFS 2.2
- Rear camera: 50+8+2 MP (main, ultra-wide, macro)
- Front camera: 32+8 MP (ultra-panoramic, depth)
- Battery: 4,500 mAh with fast charge (67 W)
- Dimensions and weight: 159.2 x 72.7 x 7.23 mm and 171 grams
- Others: MIUI 14 (Android 13), 5G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, USB-C, fingerprint reader, 3.5mm minijack, IR emitter
The Xiaomi 13 Lite will be available for 499 euros (8+128 GB) and 549 euros (8+256 GB) depending on the memory chosen. For now, the version with 12 GB of RAM does not appear in Spain. In your case, the reservation offer includes the gift of a Xiaomi Smart Band 7 bracelet.