Launched a few weeks ago in China, this new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 heart mobile is now coming to the West with its global launch. the subsidiary gaming de Nubia will market it in two versions: Matte, with an opaque casing, 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage, and Void, boasting a semi-transparent rear design, 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage.
- Screen: AMOLED 6.8 inches 2480×1116, 1,300 nits (maximum brightness) and 120 Hz with Gorilla Glass (not specified)
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
- Memory: 12/16 GB LPDDR5X
- Storage: 256/512 GB UFS 4.0
- rear cameras
- Main: 50 megapixels, f / 1.88 and 82º
- Wide angle: 8 megapixels, f / 2.2 and 120º
- Macro: 2 megapixels, f/2.4 and 78º
- Front camera: 16 megapixels, f/2
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with 65 W fast charge
- Dimensions and weight: 163.98 x 76.35 x 9.47 mm and 228 grams
- Others: REDMAGIC OS 6.0 (Android 12), 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, USB-C, fingerprint reader, 3.5mm jack
Beyond the design, the processor and the RAM, the technical characteristics of this mobile are still remarkable, with a 6.8-inch AMOLED screen with a 120 Hz refresh rate and a 960 Hz multi-touch digitizer, which in theory should provide a speed of lightning response.
Like a good mobile phone, it also has rear touch buttons (at 520 Hz), a 3.5 mm minijack and RGB lighting in the Void version, which makes a small 59-blade fan that rotates at 20,000 RPM visible through its casing. to refrigerate the chipsets at times of greatest load.
Another notable feature is its front camera. Not because it offers extraordinary quality (in fact, the opposite can be presumed based on previous experiences), but because Red Magic wanted to give as much space as possible to the screen, and for this it has avoided the use of notches or islands by integrating the sensor image almost invisibly, under the OLED panel itself. It is complemented at the rear by a triple sensor camera.
The Red Magic 8 Pro will go on sale soon in Spain through the official website of the brand. The price of the Matte model (12+256 GB) will be 650 euros, while the Void (16+512 GB) will cost 750 euros.