KRAFTON, Inc. has announced a special collaboration with British supercar manufacturer McLaren Automotive to bring gamers from PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS exclusive McLaren GT vehicle skins and more in-game items from September 6 to November 1 for PC players, and from September 15 to November 9 for console players.
Also, Update 19.2 of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS will be available from September 7th on PC and from September 15th on consoles, along with a new vehicle and weather system in Deston, an animation overhaul and much more.
McLaren GT PUBG Event Trailer
Below is a detailed breakdown of the collaboration with McLaren Automotive and from Update 19.2. For more information, see the full 19.2 patch notes. In the following link. Survivors who want to try out the new content can do so today on the PC Test server.
- Drive in style with McLaren Automotive: During the collaboration PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS With McLaren Automotive, players will have the opportunity to obtain a “McLaren GT Standard – Onyx Black” vehicle skin, clothing, gear, emotes and more, in-game via McLaren Loot Caches. Players will also be able to decorate the Coupe RB vehicle with special McLaren skins through the new vehicle interaction feature. Players can apply the skins by pressing the secondary interaction key in front of the vehicle. The skins will not affect the performance of the vehicle and its original specifications will remain unchanged.
- Vehicle workshop: Players will also be able to create “McLaren GT Standard – Silica White” and “McLaren GT Elite – Volcano Yellow” skins in the workshop using McLaren tokens purchased from McLaren Loot Caches and Manufacturer Pass: McLaren. McLaren Loot Caches and Manufacturer Pass: McLaren* will be sold at PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS during collaboration periods on PC and consoles. Additionally, exclusive McLaren Automotive customizable items will also arrive with the collaboration so players can create their own McLaren vehicles to suit their style. In the workshop, users will be able to create vehicle exterior colors, brake calipers, steering wheels and more to design their vehicles with these elements. Modified cars can also be displayed in the custom lobby.
- McLaren container wagon: Throughout the collaboration, a special container car will appear at each departure point in Erangel, Miramar, Taego, Sanhok, Vikendi, and Deston. Players who have a McLaren skin on their vehicle will be able to interact with these container cars and only they and/or their teammates who open the container will be able to get on and drive it. Containers and McLaren vehicles will be removed once the match starts.
- The Not-So-Friendly Neighborhood Food Truck: A new vehicle has arrived in Deston, offering some not-so-friendly treats to players exploring the map. If you see the new Food Truck throughout Deston, you can expect a buffet of bullets coming out the window of the truck! The Food Truck can carry up to four passengers and features a large, vertical, open window on one side and is only available in Deston.
- New weather system: Players logging into Deston will be able to experience the new weather feature that provides a more realistic lighting/weather system during the course of a match. The feature will not support a full day to night cycle and will only display a short progression cycle without drastic changes in the angle of the sun.
- Animation update: The animation overhaul, originally detailed in a developers letter, will be available with Update 19.2! The goal of this patch is to improve the player experience by refining the animations, without affecting timing and strategy.
- New weapon accessory, Heavy Stock: The Heavy Stock arrives with Update 19.2 and will provide less recoil at the cost of slower ADS timing. Check the patch notes for a complete rundown of weapons compatible with the Heavy Stock.
Listen to Dale Play on Spotify. Follow the program every Monday on our available audio platforms.