We agree that certain Google Chrome notifications may be necessary such as news, emails, messages and something else.
The problem is there are also other site notifications Web that become annoying and utterly irrelevant.
Fortunately, it’s quite easy to disable Google Chrome notifications on the operating system Windows 11 or Windows 10.
We will be able to block Chrome notifications for some specific websites or disable them completely.
We show you right now how you have to do it so that notifications don’t bother you again and that those that are really relevant to you appear.
Index of contents:
Disable notifications from Windows settings
If we enter the Windows operating system Settings we will be able to enable or disable notifications for each of the applications that we have in the system separately.
If we don’t want to receive any notification from Google Chrome, we can disable its notification permission.
- we press Win + I to start Windows Setup.
- We are going to System and then to notifications.
- We scroll down to the section notifications from apps and other senders.
- We locate Google Chrome in the list of applications and disable the switch.
How to turn off notifications in Google Chrome
We can also enable or disable Google Chrome notifications from its own configuration menu.
The steps are very simple. We must do the following:
- We open Google Chrome.
- We click on the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner and select Setting.
- Let’s go to the tab Privacy and security in the left sidebar.
- we select site settings in the right pane.
- Now we scroll down to the section permissions and click notifications.
- In Default behaviorwe select Do not allow sites to send notifications to disable Chrome notifications.
How to turn off notifications for specific sites
Not all notifications are necessary, but some can come in handy, so if we don’t want to disable notifications from Google Chrome completely, we can disable them for specific websites.
To do this we must do the following:
- We open Google Chrome and we navigate to the website for which we want to disable notifications.
- We click on the lock icon to the left of the web URL at the top.
- Next, we deactivate the switch next to notifications.
The method that you have just read is ideal for deactivating one or two websites, but if what we want is to disable Chrome notifications for several pages, then we must do it in another way.
These are the steps we must follow.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- We click on the menu icon in the upper right corner to open Setting.
- We are going to Privacy & Security to later give in site settings and finally notifications.
- We click on the button Add beside No permission to send notifications.
- Then we enter the URL of the website for which we want to disable notifications and then click on Add.
If we have previously enabled a website, it will appear in the section With permissions to send notifications.
To disable notifications from those websites, we click the icon three-dot menu next to the website URL and select To block.
With everything that we have told you, you can make the annoying notifications that we have in Google Chrome stop being present and thus we are more calm when using this browser.