Car Launcher has multiple features that can help you enjoy a more comfortable, connected and safer journey while driving. One of the best alternatives to Android Auto, which very few know about.
if your car is not compatible with Android Auto, you do not have to worry. There are alternatives that can emulate Google’s system functions, and one of the best options available today is Car Launcher.
This app offers a customized interface on your vehicle’s infotainment system screen, giving you convenient and safe access to various features and apps while driving.
It has quickly become a great alternative for drivers whose car is not compatible with Android Auto, as it offers a simplified interface with large icons for easy navigation.
Besides, Car Launcher gives you quick and easy access to a variety of essential featuressuch as playing music, using the map service like Google Maps, viewing contacts, and making calls. These features are designed to facilitate your driving experience.
Car Launcher: the key differences with Android Auto
It is important to mention some differences between Android Auto and Car Launcher to be clearer about what this app offers and not create confusion.
In this way, Android Auto is essentially an embedded operating system designed specifically for cars, while Car Launcher is a standalone mobile application that provides a customized interface for the infotainment system screen..
In other words, while with Android Auto a compatible car is necessary to connect the mobile to, Car Launcher is a standalone app that runs directly on the phone screen, so you only need a support to place your smartphone, while to run Android Auto the car must have its own screen compatible with the Google system.
Android Auto offers more functionality and is more integrated with the car, on the other hand, Car Launcher is an alternative option that can provide a similar experience, but with fewer driving-specific features.
However, it has other advantages that make it very complete, with customization being its most attractive point. Users will be able to customize practically the entire interface, configure quick access shortcuts according to their preferences. In the same way, it allows you to adapt the home screen, icons and colors to fit your style.
Next we explain how exactly Car Launcher works:
- The first thing you should do is download and install the app from Google Play on your mobile.
- Open Car Launcher, then you can start to customize the appearance of the interface according to your taste. You can change the home screen layout, select icons and colors, adjust the size of items, and much, much more.
- Within the settings, the app allows set shortcuts and widgets for quick access to the features you use most while driving. At this point it is possible to attach music apps, maps, messaging apps, among others.
- It connects via Bluetooth or USB to the car screen. By doing this, the apps will be synced with the system and can be controlled from the buttons on the steering wheel or the vehicle’s touch screen.
- Once connected, Car Launcher will give you access to essential features that will come in handy while driving. For example, open Google Maps and YouTube Music at the same time. In addition, you can make or receive calls, send text messages, among other things.
It is essential to remember that Car Launcher works by installing the app on your Android mobile, so it does not require our car to have its own screen and compatibility with Android Auto. Furthermore, it has a free version and a paid version, where the latter adds additional features and functions.
FREE is the free version of the app, which provides basic customization options. PRO is the paid alternative that unlocks additional features and is ad-freewhich adds integration with music apps, navigation, support for voice commands and regular updates with new features.