Hogwarts Legacy records one of the biggest launches in Steam history


As more than one might suspect looking at the list of best-selling games on Steam in recent weeks, Hogwarts Legacy for PC has been a commercial success. In the absence of official sales figures to be provided by the publisher Warner Bros. Games, we are left with the more than 850,000 simultaneous players that the title developed by Avalanche Software has managed to gather on Steam. We are facing one of the biggest launches in the history of the digital distribution platform owned by Valve.

Specifically, during the afternoon of last Sunday Hogwarts Legacy registered a peak of 879,308 simultaneous players on Steam, a figure that makes the title set in the Harry Potter universe the third single player game that has concurrently gathered the most users. In first position we have Cyberpunk 2077 with 1,054,388 users and in the second Elden Ring with 953,426 users. The rest of the titles that appear in the list of games with the largest number of customers playing simultaneously are multiplayer.

The success of Hogwarts Legacy has also been noticed on Twitch. On February 9, when the game was accessible to those who had pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition, Hogwarts Legacy managed to gather 1.28 million viewers on Twitch, a number never seen before in a single player game. For the launch of Hogwarts Legacy, Drops campaigns have been activated that allow you to obtain rewards in the game by watching live broadcasts. The previous record was held by Cyberpunk 2077 with 1.1 million simultaneous viewers.

Regarding the physical format, at the moment we only have the UK reference, where Hogwarts Legacy has recorded the biggest launch of a Harry Potter game with sales 64% higher than Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001). 82% of sales were made on PlayStation 5 and the remaining 18% on Xbox Series X/S. Compared to Elden Ring, which hit stores a year ago with a version for the current and last generation, sales of Hogwarts Legacy in physical format are 80% higher.

For the curious, below is the list of games available on Steam with the highest peak of concurrent users (thanks to steam.db).

  1. PUBG: Battleground – 3,257,248
  2. Lost Ark – 1,325,305
  3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – 1,320,219
  4. Dota 2 – 1,295,114
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 – 1.54.388
  6. Elden Ring – 953,426
  7. New World – 913,634
  8. Hogwarts Legacy – 879,308
  9. Goose Goose Duck – 702,845
  10. Apex Legends – 511,676

Out of curiosity, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive recorded its peak of 1.3 million concurrent users this weekend.

Source link

Written by Editor TLN

The president of Eritrea accuses the US of supporting the TPLF during the war in northern Ethiopia

The president of Eritrea accuses the US of supporting the TPLF during the war in northern Ethiopia

Tianwen 1 orbiter around Mars

China will keep its Tianwen-1 orbiter operational on Mars