The good sales of the software first party of Nintendo Switch are largely explained by the commercial success of Kirby and the Forgotten Land, which during its first fifteen weeks on the market managed to sell more than 4 million units. We are facing the delivery of the best-selling Kirby saga in history, a crown that is not bad for a game that celebrates the 30 years of the character created by Masahiro Sakurai. Kirby Star Allies came to Switch in 2018 and is still a little ways from reaching 4 million copies.
Nintendo Switch Sports has also been a success, which in eight weeks has managed to sell 4.84 million units. It is difficult to compare the sales of this title with its more popular predecessors, especially considering that Wii Sports was shipped with Wii and has 82.90 million units sold. On the other hand, Mario Strikers: Battle League also contributed its grain of sand, which in three weeks totals 1.91 million copies sold. About Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, which arrived on June 24, there is no data.
all 10 games first-party Nintendo Switch best sellers as of June 30, 2022 are:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 46.82 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 39.38 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 28.82 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 27.14 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 24.50 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.93 million
- Super Mario Party – 18.06 million
- Pokémon Shining Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl – 14.79 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 14.66 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 14.54 million
In total, 863.59 million games have been sold for Nintendo Switch, almost eight titles per console.