Five tips to unleash creativity
If you have any kind of skill or knowledge that you would like to share with others and live from your passion, Hotmart has five essential tips for you to create a unique digital product and enter the Creator Economy:
1. Choose the topic you want to talk about: The first step in creating a digital product is to define the topic you want to talk about. It is essential that it be a topic that you master, because only then can you create something relevant to your audience. If it is a subject you know little about, you will need support from others to develop the digital product. On the one hand, this can reduce your workload, but on the other hand, it will increase your creation costs, so think about it.
2. Define the format of the product: With the set of themes, the next step is to choose the format of the content. There are a variety of formats, from podcasts to ebooks, courses, classes, workshops, infographics, software, etc. However, it is necessary to take into account that the most suitable format depends on three elements: the available resources (microphone, editing system, camera, etc.); public interest and the ability to adapt to the proposed topic.
3. Know the products of the competition: Do a benchmarking to know the products of the competition. There is always an opportunity to stand out from the competition and innovate. Investigate what your competitors are doing and check what elements you can improve about your product that makes it stand out, even though the same topic already exists, it can be shown differently.
4. Define the buyer person: You need to know your audience before putting the plan into practice, for that you need to ask yourself the following questions: Who will consume your product? What does this person expect? How much are you willing to pay? What are your tastes? By answering this you can create the buyer person, that is, a fictitious person who represents your buyer and/or consumer of your product. This buyer person has a name, age, gender, hobbies and experiences. The more features and details you expose about this buyer persona, the better.
5. Determine the sales channel: From the beginning you must take into account the channels through which you will sell your product. It has to be a reliable channel with a good reputation and image. Preferably, it is a free and complete platform to host and sell your digital products and you do not have to worry about anything other than the content that you will offer. At Hotmart, content creators do not pay monthly fees and there is only one cost for each sale made.
Review the origin of the Creator Economy, how it is possible to earn money online and how to create online courses with the help of Hotmart and start living your passions!